Mahajana Education Society (R) was established in the city of Mysore in the year 1937 with the objective of developing an institution offering value and need based education to the general public. The efforts of visionary philanthropists like Sri Ambale Subramanya lyer, Sri Agaram Suryanarayana Pandit, Sri G. Ranganna, Sri M.N.Jois, Sri M.N.Ramachandra Jois and others to leave a lasting legacy has become a reality today. The society is one of the premier educational societies of Karnataka.
- To maintain, preserve and promote cultural heritage of India.
- To promote sustainable & responsible Tourism.
- To bring out Tourism professionals for better marketing of Indian Tourism.
- To develop high class infrastructure to train the students.
- To give more exposure to students by improving training facilities in Tourism Industry
- To organise special lectures, workshop and seminars to empower the students to face future challenges.
- To visit historical and other Tourism destinations to have a realistic picture.
The society is heading towards Platinum Jubilee. In its big march it has registered tremendous impact upon its surrounding by its pragmatic outlook and concern for human values. Well-known personalities like late Sri B.Rachaiah, the former Governor of Kerala, late Sri Tulasidas Dasappa, former M.P, Sri S.M. Krishna, former Chief Minister of Karnataka and former Governer of Maharashtra, noted writer Sri Poornachandra Tejaswi and host of personalities from the field of Cinema, Sports, Social Service and other professionals form an illustrious line of its alumni.